Special for its healing properties
About the spa
The Novi Pazar spa is located only 3 km from Novi Pazar and belongs to the Raska district. It is 280 km away from Belgrade. Positioned between the slopes of Rogozna, the mountains Golija and Kopaonik, as well as Ninaja, it has a favorable effect on the very climate of the spa which is extraordinary for the rehabilitation and improvement of health problems. With a total of 14 thermal mineral springs and a good location, it can be said that not only the spa contributes to the health resort but also the climate. The spa is well known for the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with myopathy and neuromyopathy.
The history of Spa and the diseases that are treated in it
Because of the 505 meters above sea level on which the Spa is located, it is one of the highest in our country. A large number of sunny days, a small number of rainfall and windy days make the climate extremely suitable even for treatment and are therefore classified into climatic health resorts.
Surrounded by greenery and a large number of green areas, it is the ideal ambient for relaxation and long strolls. Pines, linden trees, ornamental trees are just some from over 1000 seedlings in the spa park, making it even more beautiful and pleasant to stay.
The Spa has always been known as the health resort of Sanjak with some ups and downs. By the arrival of the Turks in the Middle Ages, its popularity has weakened. Recognizing the beauty of our area, they started building catering facilities as well as two bathrooms, which positively influenced the development and growth of the spa itself. In the eighties of the 17th century Novi Pazar was destroyed, but in the 18th century a new bathroom was built. After the Second World War, the Institute for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of People with Muscle and Neuromuscular Diseases was opened.
- Neuropathy the symptoms are weakness, tingling and changes in the color and texture of the skin
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease - a progressive disease of motor neurons which includes painless loss of muscle function and atrophy and often difficulty in swallowing and speech
- Myopathya muscle disease, weakness is most pronounced in the tonsils and upper arms. Causes can be infections and poisoning
- Muscular dystrophy a set of progressive muscular diseases caused by genetic defects. It starts with a weakening of the muscle then there can be severe deterioration of them and weakness of muscular contraction
- Myasthenia gravis autoimmune disease, developed due to blocking the transmission of signals from the nerve to the muscles, muscular contraction is prevented
There are two types of stroke, which are ischemic and haemorrhagic.The type is very important to the doctors because it tells them why it occurred and how it can prevent the onset of a new stroke.
Post-stroke recovery depends largely on the severity of brain damage, age, and rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation is adapted to each patient individually. The essence is to help the patient and to train him for independent living.
Rheuma, rheumatism or bone marrow is a disease that can affect all parts of the body even the skull. Its causes can be a cold, the use of drugs that are not adequate, irregular nutrition, genetic predisposition, work conditions, exposure to colds, viruses and bacteria, but also stress.
We have several types of bone and joint diseases:
- Degenerative rheumatic diseases of the peripheral joints and spinal column
- Fibromyalgia (soft tissue)
- Rheumatic syndromes in other diseases and rare rheumatic diseases
Exercise is recommended because it improves circulation, maintains optimum weight, improves bone strength, and strengthens the muscles around the joints. Regular massages, hot baths, acupuncture and clay packing can be of great help to those who suffer from rheumatism. Treat yourself from your own apartment in a pool of medicinal water.
About 80% of the population has spinal pain, while back pain usually occurs between 20 and 55 years. The spine is constantly exposed to different types of pressure and often overuse. Degenerative changes most commonly occur between the two spine vertebrae which then become the focal point of the pain. Spine diseases are treated with medication, physical therapy, medical exercises and sleep, ie by reducing the burden on painful areas. If you have these or similar problems, it is best to visit a spa that specializes in the treatment of spinal cord disease, and Novi Pazar spa is exactly one of them.
If pain, elevated temperature and limited mobility occur, immobilization is inevitable.
After immobilization the patient is involved in a physical treatment for the stimulation of bone healing, as well as the kinesiotherapy process to alleviate the stiffness of the adjacent joints, ie the contracture which inevitably occurrs.
At first exercises to increase the volume of movement are actively supported under the supervision of a physiotherapist, and later exercises to strengthen muscle strength.
In addition to kinesitherapy, hydroquinistry therapy in the pool or tubs is also very valuable due to easier movement and the beneficial effect of water on the body.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta - fragile and brittle bones
- Baker's cyst - a popliteal cyst
- Hallux valgus - thumb injection on the foot
- Heel spur- calcar calcanei
- Painful groin
- Meniscus - injuries
- Rupture of the front crossed ligament
- Running knee
- Jumping knee - Osgood-Schlatter
- PHS syndrome - painful shoulder syndrome
- Frozen shoulder